Week 13 has brought some changes to our household. First, Micah's parents were in town last weekend and they helped him paint the office, which is the future nursery. The office had been two different shades of pink as it used to be our landlord's 5-year-old daughter's bedroom. I never liked the colors, so I was very happy when our landlord gave us permission to paint.
 |
| Original paint colors. |
 |
| New turquoisey/blue color. It is actually a little brighter than this picture lets on (and a little brighter than I thought it would be), but I think it will make a nice nursery color, especially with some decorations on the walls. |
We have been spending a lot of time talking about how to rearrange our furniture so that we can still have a functioning "office" in the living room and have a place for all of the random stuff that we store in the office. We have also been figuring out what we need in order to store additional baby stuff that belongs in the kitchen (bottles, etc) and how everything is going to fit in our tiny house. Although it probably won't be the most aesthetically pleasing living / dining area, I think we have come up with a solution that will be functional which is the most important thing right now. I'm sure it will still look like a baby explosion once we have three cribs, a swing or two, a bouncer or two, and diapers coming out of every nook in cranny, but hopefully we'll be able to walk without bumping into anything and everything will have a place (which is sooo important to me as I love to be organized!). Everything is kind of in progress right now, otherwise I'd show pics, but we have some time to get this all done.
I usually wear shorts and a tank top to bed. My tank tops have some room as they are (were) blousey around the stomach, but my shorts are WAY TOO TIGHT. There are definitely extra pounds around my hips. I told Micah that I needed to buy new PJ shorts, but then he suggested I try his boxers, which actually fit great right now. If I continue to grow, though, I'll be venturing out for another solution...
On Monday I was dreading finding something to wear to my book club. In the last couple of weeks I have outgrown many of the clothes that had still fit, and I was tired of trying on five shirts before I even found something that was comfortable. I decided I should try on one of my new maternity tops just to check if it fit....and it did! I was so excited as I feel like I have officially moved over into the "definitely pregnant" category. And only one person at book club knew I was pregnant before I got there, and when I told them they all said they could tell before I announced it. Now I'm just waiting for the day when the random person asks when I'm due...
 |
Self-portrait of me wearing a maternity top for the first time. There is definitely still room to grow, which is good because I'm growing quickly, but I don't think it looks too big to wear now and it is definitely comfortable.
Yesterday we had another ultrasound at the high risk specialist. Here are some ultrasound pics. They didn't turn out as clear as the ones in the past, but the babies were all moving so much that it was hard for the tech to get a good pic! |
 |
| Here are the identicals. The baby on the left has its head down and its bottom in the air. The baby on the right has its head against the other baby's bottom. When we first started the ultrasound they were head-to-head, and the baby on the left ended up doing a 180 while the tech was taking all of the measurements. It was fun to see so much movement! |
 |
| Here is the single baby laying face down. It was also moving around quite a bit during the ultrasound, but this was the final position. |
The babies looked great at the appointment, and the tech said they were all actually measuring a few days ahead (yesterday I was 12 weeks 6 days, and they measured around 13 weeks 2 days). I'm sure this is normal, but I was excited to hear this as in the past it seemed they were always a couple of days behind their actual gestation. I guess the 17 pounds I've gained so far have helped them grow!
Love the progress updates. You are in the "cute pregnant" stage now. Can't wait to see you in 4 weeks!
ReplyDelete