FYI this is my second post today... I don't want you to miss the ultrasound pics and belly pics as that is probably more exciting than this post anyway :)
I have been really stressing about eating the healthy foods AND getting enough nutrients, but I've been trying to read through my book (When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads) and it has actually given me some great practical advice to weight gain. Sadly, over Christmas I wasn't feeling very well and I didn't think I should eat all of the cookies, cake, etc as I felt like every calorie should be nutrient packed, but I recently read in my book that I CAN have the ice cream and stuff as long as I balance with the healthy stuff. I actually NEED the fat (or at least the babies need it), plus ice cream is a great source of dairy. What a great discovery! Although I get tired of chicken and veggies, I can eat ice cream ALL DAY LONG, especially when chocolate is involved!
 |
| Yum! Mint moose tracks with chocolate sauce. |
 |
| Micah making me a chocolate milkshake with my new hand blender. Plus, we can sneak in protein powder and I really don't even notice! Dairy, fat, and protein! |
|
|
|
As long as I make a rule for myself that I have to get in something healthy before I eat the junk food that will help me gain weight, I think it will motivate me to eat so much more. Right now I'm eating an apple with peanut butter, but in a few minutes I'll be enjoying puppy chow!
It is no secret that I love to plan. The fact that the babies could be born anywhere between 24 weeks and 38 weeks is hard for me as I want to have everything ready before they're here, I want to schedule everyone's visit for after they are born (so we can see everyone AND for the much needed help), etc.
At only 9 weeks it is obviously way too early to do many things, but I have started researching some stuff that we'll need to buy, I'm reading my book which focuses on how to have the healthiest pregnancy and babies, and yesterday I started reorganizing the kitchen. It dawned on me that we don't have any room in our tiny kitchen for baby stuff, and I also got some great kitchen items for Christmas that I didn't have any space for. So we decided it was finally time to get rid of some of the college kitchen tools like the Sandwich Maker and George Foreman grill. And I also decided that it would make a lot of sense to clear out all of my margarita and martini glasses, plus some of our wine glasses, as I won't be needing them for a long, long time (don't worry Mom and Dad - I left some wine glasses in the cupboards for when you visit :) ). And also don't worry about Micah as he has recently decided to be a scotch drinker and his scotch tumblers are still in the cupboard. One thing I have found really strange is that I can no longer handle the smell of liquor - which is difficult with Micah's new scotch habit. It never bothered me before as I enjoyed my lemon drop martinis and margaritas, but now the smell makes my stomach churn. I've read this is nature's way of keeping a pregnant woman from consuming alcohol - so incredible!
 |
| Ready for storage. If anyone needs to borrow any glasses let me know :). |
|
|
|
 |
| My daily gallon of water compared to a 64 oz bottle of apple juice. It looks like sooo much! |
I have also found it difficult to track my water consumption as I'm supposed to be aiming for a gallon a day (16 eight oz glasses!). I'm not really sure how much I drink during the day as I refill my glass before it's empty and I don't really keep track, but I read a great tip yesterday in my book. It suggested filling a gallon container with water and drinking out of that all day. Since I'm home most of the day, I think this will work great for me! If I drink juice, Gatorade or anything else, I just remove the equivalent amount of water from the container to help me keep track. I'm pretty excited about this new method as it gives me a tangible daily goal as well. We'll see how today goes!
Awww! This is so exciting!!!! I love reading your blog and seeing all the pix! Your little prego belly is so cute! It sounds like you're doing a fantastic job of keeping on top of your health and weight gain. When else in life do you get to justify ice cream multiple times a day by simply eating an apple or carrot first?! Completely awesome! :) Also, I am so curious about whether you have little boys or little girls in there. Obviously you'd have two of one gender regardless. When do you find out??? YAY! So excited for you guys! We'll be praying for equal nutrients and blood use for the "twins". ;) God is so good!!!!
ReplyDelete