Most people have been amazed that I have not felt very sick from the triplet pregnancy. I have my moments of feeling nauseous, but that feeling generally goes away as soon as I eat something. Yesterday, though, I re-learned the lesson that I have to keep a steady food supply going. I woke up around 8:30 and had a bowl of raisin bran and a yogurt. Around 10:30 I thought, I'm feeling hungry - I better eat something. I walked to the kitchen to find a snack and next thing I knew I was dry heaving / throwing up into the kitchen wastebasket (there really wasn't much in my stomach to throw up so it was mostly violent dry heaving). Micah was home so he came running in asking, "what happened?!?" While still bent over the garbage with tears running down my face I said, "I'm just so hungry. Give me something to eat!" He handed me a piece of toast and once I started eating I was totally fine (and I continued to eat another 700 calories for insurance!). All day he just kept looking at me saying, "That was so weird. How did that happen?" I've told him I've felt nauseous over the last few weeks, but I think he had trouble believing it until he actually saw me on the floor in the kitchen. We just laughed about it all day as usually the last thing a sick person wants is food, but I just knew it was the one thing my body needed FAST. Why does the pregnant body get nauseous when it's hungry? I know it is hormone related, but it seems so backwards.
I also went maternity clothes shopping this week! On Monday I went to Motherhood Maternity as I had some Bump Bucks that were going to expire (thanks Mom and Dad!), so I found a pair of comfy pants that aren't sweats or yoga pants, and a couple of tops. I felt a little funny going in so early for maternity clothes, but honestly I'm going to need them very, very soon. Today a friend sent me some links to inexpensive maternity yoga pants and stuff at Old Navy, so I hopped on those deals too. I honestly thought my yoga / running / sweat pants would take me all the way through as I usually buy them a little big anyway, but I was definitely dreaming! Maybe it would be fine with a singleton, but with the 11 pounds (and counting!) that I've gained so far, even the stretchy things are getting uncomfortable. My sleep shorts are suddenly tiny, so those are the next thing to replace. And I know I'm really stretching out my underwear, so I have to replace those soon too! This is going to get expensive, and it's only the beginning! I did hear of a maternity clothes consignment shop close by, so that will be the next place I go looking for deals.
Now onto the pics. I don't think I really look much different from last week, but I gained 3 pounds and one extra inch around the belly (obviously those three pounds have gone someplace other than the belly...). So since I'm kind of growing everywhere right now, it's probably hard to see the tummy growth, but it's there :).
I had a different ultrasound tech this week and she didn't print the same type of pics as the other woman I've had, so this is a very different view than I've shown you all before. Can you make out the three babies? One on the bottom and two next to each other closer to the top? You can kind of see their heads, arms and legs! Everyone has a great heart rate and they are all on track with their growth. Looking at this pic and watching them kick their little arms and legs during the ultrasound makes it seem so much more real!

Wow. What little babes!
ReplyDeleteThere are definitely three little Howards in there! Hehehe.. They're so cute! As are you! I see belly. :) Yep, get new underwear soon, I totally ruined mine when I was pregnant with Auggie, although I did use them again second time around. ;) I bought new bras from Target. Also, not sure what you'll do with breastfeeding--are you going to try? Or pump? I know it works with twins, but I feel like with triplets you'll have to have quite the rotation going. Either way, I LOVE Bravado nursing bras: http://www.bravadodesigns.com/ ... They're literally as good as it gets, and they work great while pregnant too.
ReplyDeletexoxo!
that ultrasound pic is amazing! I cannot handle all the cuteness that will be here!!! Cannot wait!
ReplyDelete