I made the announcement on FB last night and now "everyone" knows about the triplet pregnancy. Many people knew about it already so it seemed a little silly to make a FB announcement, but most of our relatives didn't know, not many climbing acquaintances, and there were many FB friends that didn't know (as you can see by their reactions in the comments!). We were going to wait until today to make the announcement since today is 12 weeks, but we have both been sick and last night we were laying low at home (and bored since it's all we've been doing for the last couple of weeks), so we decided it would be entertaining to watch the comments come in (well, I thought it would be entertaining - if it were up to Micah he never would have put anything on FB about the pregnancy because he really isn't into living life publicly). Anyway, it felt a little egocentric to post the announcement and then watch everyone congratulate us all night, but how often do you get to announce something so big that it gets over 40 comments and over 80 "likes?" That was a first for me! Needless to say, it definitely brightened up my evening :).
I am finally starting to feel like my pre-sickness self again, which is awesome. Micah and I have had a bit of a rough start to 2013 with him being gone for a week, coming back sick, and then me getting a cold / lighter version of the flu while he has still been fighting the tail end of his sickness. Last night I actually cooked dinner instead of throwing a frozen meal in the oven or getting take-out. Hopefully I will start cooking a lot more going forward as I start to get some energy back. I've decided that I can't sleep in to 8:30 or 9:00 every morning as I feel completely unproductive and lazy (two words I don't usually associate with myself!), so I am working on setting an alarm and getting up a little earlier. I must be getting some energy back because now I can't fall asleep at night if I sleep in! I also really need to start getting stuff done on my To Do list and cooking as that gives me satisfaction for the day.
Today I got a very exciting delivery of maternity yoga pants, maternity sweats, and a comfy maternity skirt (for when it gets warmer) all from Old Navy. My old yoga pants and sweats are being stretched to the max, so I was very excited to get these today! As much as everyone keeps telling me that they can't tell I've gained weight anywhere but my stomach, it simply isn't true as everything but my arms, hands, face, and feet have gotten bigger (and I know those will all come along in time). I really can't imagine all of the clothes I would have to buy if I were still working. I feel like it's worth it not working just so I don't have to invest in a whole new wardrobe!
It seems a little funny posting my weight gain statistics every week, but I need encouragement as it is hard to watch the scale go up and sometimes hard to motivate myself to eat. As of today I've gained.... 14 pounds! I did a little math today and I think I'm on track to gain my goal of 60.
Here is the pic from today (wearing my new maternity yoga pants and a top I recently bought that should fit for a little while longer...). I feel like it's hard to see a difference from one week to the next, but I'm actually starting to feel like I have more of a bump and less of a bloat look now.

You definitely have a bump and not bloat! :) SO CUTE!!! I loved Old Navy and Gap maternity online. Gap maternity was expensive, but if you watch the clearance page some good things will pop up. And you can't beat free returns. (Did you know that nordstrom.com has free shipping and free returns? Although I have no idea if they have maternity wear.) I also got a ton of maternity jeans and capris from a woman selling a lot of 7 pairs on craigslist.
ReplyDeleteI will now have to get on FB and make it 81 likes. :) How fun to have so many people celebrating with you guys. YAY!!!!!!