Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

For the last five days we have been sitting, waiting and wishing.  Other than my nightly progesterone shot, there is NOTHING we can do right now to help this process work.  Of course there are those "early pregnancy signs & symptoms" that might help us determine if it worked, but I've already wasted too many hours of my life on the internet in the past couple of years trying to determine if this month could be it, so I am not paying one bit of attention to anything I am or am not feeling this month as I know it will drive me crazy.  Last night Micah actually asked me, "Aren't there usually some signs that it worked?"  Wow - he has no idea about all of the Google searches I've done as this is the first time he has really agonized with me over whether or not this is "the month."  Sadly, I could probably recite all of the signs, but as I said, I'm not playing that game.  Plus, nothing about my body is really normal right now with the daily progesterone shots plus the estrogen pill I started taking yesterday.

Instead, Micah and I are trying to think of fun things to do to keep ourselves busy so that we don't keep thinking about it.  During my few days of bed rest I watched way too many documentaries.  "Dive" was probably the best one I saw if anyone is looking for something educational and entertaining.  I also watched the "Up" series, which currently consists of seven different documentaries which follow a group of people every seven years of their lives starting at the age of seven.  It was interesting to watch them all change over the years, but it wasn't exactly gripping.

Since we weren't sure about the timing of everything and we didn't want to add any stress to our week, we had a quiet Thanksgiving at home on Thursday, although we did get out for a hike with some friends.  We actually broke down and bought the latest season of "Breaking Bad" on iTunes Thursday evening as we couldn't find any good movies to watch and we had worked our way through the other seasons on Netflix already.  We are trying to keep it to two episodes a day to make the fun last a little longer (you can see how exciting our lives are right now!).  Yesterday Micah did some climbing and I belayed and then we went to the new Twilight movie in the late afternoon.  We actually drove all the way across town to go to the nicer theater too so that we were out longer (we have a movie theater practically across the street from us).  How sad our lives have become without climbing trips :(.

Today we did our weekly donut stop at Krispy Kreme.  We have decided that the large chains are no match for the local places, and we probably don't ever need to go to Krispy Kreme or Dunkin' again!  The final rankings are:

1. Duke City Donuts
2. Rebel Donuts
3. Donut Mart
4. Krispy Kreme
5. Dunkin' Donuts

Sorry for the boring update as we really don't have anything to report right now.  One good thing is that the progesterone shots have not been as bad lately - I guess I'm getting used to them.  After the transfer on Monday I had the nurse draw circles on me so that Micah would have a good "target."  The circles were getting really faded so I decided to re-draw them myself after my shower today.  Not a pretty sight... it looks like a three-year-old drew on my butt/ hip area!  It's a really hard angle to draw on yourself :).

On Wednesday we have the first blood draw (only a few more days!).  I might not post anything right away, though, as the second blood draw on Friday will confirm the results, but I guess I will just have to wait and see how I feel about it all.

One more thing: Does anyone know the artist of the song that shares a title with this blog post?  The song kept running through my head before I started writing this.

3 comments:

  1. Kyle shouted out "jack Johnson!" As I read your post to him. We are waiting and wishing and praying for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting ... waiting ... wishing here too! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete