This morning Micah joined me for my morning routine of getting an ultrasound at the fertility clinic and getting my blood drawn. The doctor said today that my retrieval will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday as my follicles are growing well, but he decided to increase my Follistim injection from 100 units to 175 units and my Menopur from 1.5 powders to 2 powders. The follicles in my right ovary are growing much better than those in my left, so I think he is trying to give them one more boost in hopes to get a few more eggs ready for retrieval. I was really happy to hear that the retrieval could be as soon as Tuesday as I was mentally preparing myself for Friday. I only have to do the current injections until two days before the retrieval, so this could mean that tomorrow is the last day of these shots! We will find out more at tomorrow morning's appointment.
Although I have had some sort of headache everyday, overall I have been surprised at how good I've felt with the injections. The worst part for me has definitely been getting the injections themselves as I get so nervous before each one, and all I want to do after the evening ones is sit on the couch since they make my abdomen sore.
Tomorrow I should know the exact retrieval day, so I'll try to post another update!
Donut Tour: I almost forgot! After my appointment we went to Duke City Donuts. Micah was quite disappointed with the selection as he is looking for the basic donuts like glazed and old-fashioned sour cream, but they didn't have any at Duke City (although it was almost 11:00 by the time we got there so they could have been out already). I love all of the crazy options like french toast and a pumpkin donut with a variety of frostings, so their options worked for me.
We both got a white chocolate with sprinkles, Micah got one with chocolate frosting and I got raised donut with maple frosting and bacon. Somehow I completely forgot to take pictures, but the maple with bacon is quite something! Although micah was initially disappointed by the selection, he agreed that the donuts were better than Rebel Donuts (last week's place) as they were bigger and just somehow tastier. Maybe we'll have to do a side-by-side comparison in a few weeks, though, to really make that call :). Like Rebel donuts, the atmosphere wasn't that great as they only have one four-top table inside and a few two-tops outside (and it was cold and rainy so not good for sitting outside), but the staff were friendlier.
This is getting so exciting. About the donuts, though: was maple/bacon good or just "quite something"???
ReplyDeleteI probably won't get another maple bacon donut as it was a little TOO much of a good thing
DeleteSounds awful.
Delete