Of the 12 eggs retrieved yesterday, 10 were mature and 9 fertilized properly (one didn't make it). This is perfect as we only wanted to fertilize 10 anyway since we don't want to end up with too many good embryos. Usually half grow to Day 5, but we will just have to wait and see what happens. Since we have to be on standby on Saturday in case they are not developing well, I think I can talk to the clinic on Saturday to see how many have made it so far even if we don't have to have an "emergency" transfer.
This is good news, but it is hard to wait after putting so much time and effort into the IVF cycle so far. Please pray that we are patient with the process and that we are at peace with whatever happens.
Tomorrow I start the intramuscular progesterone shots. I have really, really enjoyed not having shots for the last few days, but I'm sure I'll get used to these after awhile. If all goes as planned I could be on the progesterone for up to 10 weeks! There are some alternatives to the shot, but since the shot is the "gold standard" according to our doctor I will at least start out with that for the first few weeks.
So glad to hear that 9 fertilized! Thats great! Those IM shots can hurt but you do get used to them and Micah does an excellent job at giving them :)
ReplyDeleteEXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!! That's the best word I can come up with... So very excited!!!! :D We'll keep praying! Say hi to Dan for me tomorrow. Haha...
ReplyDeleteKendra, I'm so happy to hear things are moving along so well. We are praying for you and are excited to hear more great news!
ReplyDelete