That last week has been very busy and fun. On Friday morning Micah and I had maternity pics taken by a friend that is trying to start a side business. We took photos for almost two hours, which was a little exhausting especially since some of them were taken in the foothills and I'm really out of shape, but I can't wait to see the final results. I really hope some turned out!
Friday afternoon my mom flew in for the weekend as she wanted to be here for the baby shower (sadly, we completely forgot to get a pic of the two of us at the shower, but I'll always remember she was there). Micah left town early Saturday morning for a climbing weekend, so we had a girls weekend in ABQ.
The baby shower was amazing. About a year ago I remember my friend Amy saying that she couldn't wait for the day that she could plan my shower, since she knew of the difficulty we had getting pregnant and she knew that it would be so much fun for me to finally have a baby shower of my own :). The three girls that planned my shower did an amazing job! Everything was perfect, and they didn't have us play any games that made me feel awkward, which was important since I'm not a fan of being the center of attention and I feel awkward enough being pregnant with triplets. Everyone was extremely generous. We received so many gifts, children's books, and almost 1,000 diapers! The diapers will last us about a month - yikes! I posted pics from the shower on FB, but here are a couple. Unfortunately, my camera died so we didn't get as many pics as we would have liked.
 |
| Amy, me, Sarah D, Sarah K |
My mom and I spent the rest of Saturday and some of Sunday organizing all of the gifts, and somehow we found a place for everything!
 |
| Mom putting up the pinwheels that I made a few weeks ago |
Sunday and Monday we worked on decorations for the baby room. I had found a few ideas on Pinterest, and even though my mom and I aren't very crafty, I think everything turned out pretty good! Last night I talked Micah into hanging everything above the cribs, and I'm happy with how it all turned out.
 |
| Putting together the mobiles |
 |
| The finished mobile for the boy |
 |
| Putting the fabric on the letter frames (first initial of the names) |
 |
| Above baby girl A's crib (this is the only letter we are sure of right now) |
 |
| Above the other baby girl's crib |
 |
| Above baby boy's crib (sorry, the lighting is terrible) |
 |
| A close up of the tree above baby boy's crib (Micah and I came up with this idea together, and I made this without even using a tutorial! Maybe we've missed our creative calling :) ) |
 |
| I cannot get this to orient the correct way, but these are hairbands for the girls |
 |
| The pinwheels all up above the changing table
|
|
|
 |
| Me at 26 weeks |
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| My mom and I on Sunday. Self portrait in the backyard to make up for the missed baby shower pic. |
The nursery looks great! Love how your craftiness is exploding!
ReplyDelete