Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Week 30

Last Thursday was interesting.  Micah and I attended an infant CPR class in the evening, which was very helpful as we've had a few minutes of training in infant CPR in the past but this was much more thorough.  After the class I went home and sat on the couch as I was exhausted, and I realized I was having contractions every 5 minutes!  Not a good sign.  I monitored myself for a good hour and then laid in bed for awhile as that is supposed to slow down contractions if it's not true labor.  Although they slowed slightly (like 12 an hour down to 10-11 an hour), I was still concerned so I called the doctor that was on-call from my OB's office.  Since I had gone to the doctor the day before and everything looked good, surprisingly she wasn't that concerned, and she advised me to go to sleep and if things got worse during the night I should come in.  Thankfully, I slept fine that night and when I got up in the morning I was only having a few contractions as hour (which is normal for me).  Because of that scare, though, I have been taking things very, very easy ever since as I just don't want to push it.

On Friday I got to see our friends Genevieve and Ryan and their 11-month-old son Caleb as they were in town visiting Ryan's sister, Paige, and her husband, Ben (who are also our friends :) ).  It was great to see them and catch up a little!

Micah's parents came to town Thursday night and they were here through Monday morning.  I really couldn't do much this weekend, but we did drive around the backside of the Sandias and up to the top, which was the most excitement I've had in awhile :).  It is really sad that the highlight of my week is similar to what an 80-year-old enjoys, but I really just needed to get out of the house and get a change of scenery.  It was a bit challenging walking around at 10,000+ feet, so we didn't stay long, but we were there long enough to take a few pics.

At Sandia Crest.  It was really windy, but it felt good to go from 90 degrees to 65.

We also went out to dinner that night and had a campfire and roasted marshmallows, so it ended up being an eventful day, but it wasn't too tiring as we didn't have to wait at the restaurant and sitting by a fire doesn't require much energy.

Micah's mom sews and I told her about these "crinkly toys" that I had seen a tutorial for, so she brought her sewing machine and went to work.  Overall, I think these were pretty simple to make and they turned out really cute.  She made three, one for each baby.

Crinkly toy.  Inside the fabric there is a piece of material that makes a crinkly noise when you fold or squeeze the toy.
This weekend Micah also put together the double frame stroller that we had ordered from Amazon.  Our car seats fit great and we can't wait to use the stroller!  Micah's parents also brought their Bob stroller for us to use, and I just ordered the infant car seat adapter today.



You may have noticed that my maternity clothes wardrobe is extremely limited.  I just haven't wanted to spend a lot on clothes, but this weekend I broke down and ordered a few more things from Old Navy.  Most women seem to get away with wearing some of their regular clothes for a good portion of the pregnancy, but I've pretty much been in maternity clothes since week 12.  The seasons have changed so I've had to buy both winter and summer stuff, but I also have grown so dramatically that I've gone from wearing maternity clothes in a small all the way to a large!  It's just hard to justify buying clothes that I'll only need for a few weeks, but I have slowly come to the realization that I will need them longer than that as this weight is not going to fall off as soon as the babies are born :(.  I guess at least I'm realizing this now as I do remember a friend telling me she came home from the hospital after having her first baby and was really disappointed when she tried to put on a pair of her regular jeans.  We'll see what happens, but I've read I should at least plan on a good nine months to drop the weight and I won't be able to exercise right away since I'm having a C-section.

Here is a 30 week pic.  I realized last night that my stomach sticks out so far that my hands just reach my belly when my arms are at a 90 degree angle.  I think that will seem crazy to me in a year or so :).


Tomorrow I go to the doctor for another thorough ultrasound of the babies, so I'll post another update after that!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe it's in the 90's--yikes!! I remember sweating a LOT when I was pregnant with Eland in the summer. I hope you're handling the heat well! ... Have you guys decided on any more baby names? Don't tell me, but I'm just curious if you know. :) ... My guess is that you'll be wearing second trimester clothes after the birth, but maybe first trimester for you since you've grown much faster? Either way, I understand getting a few more things so that you're comfortable. BTW, you totally look like one of those all-bump women where you can't tell they're pregnant from the back. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete