Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week 25

This is going to be quick as I really need to try to get some work done before I leave for my massage in a couple of hours :).

Micah's parents came to town on Friday for a short visit.  They brought a couple of really helpful items with them such as a blood pressure cuff (so I can make sure my blood pressure isn't going up since I'm at high risk for pre-eclampsia) and one of their recliners.  Both of these things have been great!

On Sunday Micah gave me a "pedicure."  Ever since hearing about someone who had a life-threatening infection from a pedicure, I have stayed away from nail salons as I've decided it's not worth the risk.  Now that I can hardly reach my toes I've considered going to get my nails done, especially since our maternity pics are tomorrow, but decided against it since I would be putting four lives at risk instead of just my own.  Micah was a great sport and agreed to painting my toes.  They actually turned out great since he is a bit of a perfectionist, so I might have to get him to paint them a couple of more times before the babies are here!


I discovered the other day that I CAN balance a small plate on my stomach.  Yikes!  It's not the most flattering, but I thought I would share a pic anyway.

Yesterday's 25 week ultrasound went great.  All babies look healthy and they weigh 1 lb 11 oz (boy), 1 lb 8 oz (girl), and 1 lb 10 oz (girl), plus or minus 3 oz.  This is great news as a big concern is that one will start growing larger than the others.  Their heart rates were good, the fluid levels were good, and they were all moving a lot.  During the ultrasound they were all pretty much lined up across my belly and head down, which is why I can't figure out who is moving when.  This is a little frustrating as I want to make sure they are all moving throughout each day, but luckily the ultrasounds help reassure me every couple of weeks.  The doctor and nurse midwife both seem very pleased with my progress.  I had to have a consent form filled out for my massage today and the doctor even considered not checking the "high risk" box since I'm doing so well!  Hopefully all continues to go well over the next 10-11 weeks!

25 weeks
The ultrasound tech could only get a good pic of the boy as the girls were too close together, so this might be the case from now on.  Here is the cutest 3D boy pic.




No comments:

Post a Comment