Sunday, March 3, 2013

Baby Weekend Part 1

This weekend my mom came to visit.  She flew in on Thursday afternoon and I had scheduled an ultrasound for that day so she could come along.  Micah and I were a bit apprehensive about the ultrasound as they were checking many things (heart, spine, and other things.... it was a little overwhelming so I don't remember everything), but everything looked great!  The doctor performed the ultrasound herself as the tech was out on Thursday, and we really appreciated all of the time she spent explaining every part she was looking at and how she knew that it looked normal.  No signs of any problems right now, which is great news! 

The doctor also confirmed the genders for us and explained how she could tell what they were (I didn't realize girl "parts" could actually be seen on an ultrasound), so we feel 100% sure now that we are having two girls and a boy.

Baby Girl C's brain (on left), eyes, and stomach (black in middle of abdomen on right). Apparently the stomach should show up like this on an u/s which indicates that they've been properly swallowing amniotic fluid.
I don't know quite what the doctor was looking at here, but it's a boy!

Baby Girl B in 3D

Baby Girl C in 3D

Baby Boy A's spine shows up nicely here


Friday we went to Babies R Us and ordered cribs.  After spending way too much time and energy trying to find the best crib at a good price, Micah and I had pretty much settled on the Babies R Us Newcastle in espresso...and my mom confirmed it was a great choice so we ordered three!  See the link for a pic (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17014786).  The fact that it was on sale confirmed our decision.  I was a little hesitant as I wasn't sure who made it and couldn't find out through researching (this used to be the Europa Baby Palisade crib which was highly rated by Consumer Reports, but they no longer make that crib so I wasn't sure if it was truly the same thing), but when we placed the order the manufacturer came up as Lajobi, which is great since they are highly rated and they do make the Europa Baby line.  I know this is too much info, but since we spent so much time learning about cribs I felt like I should explain our decision :).  Regardless, I'm sure the babies will be fine.

2 comments:

  1. The crib is beautiful! I can't believe there are going to be three in one room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me be part of the ultrasound experience. What a miracle to watch these little ones developing.

    ReplyDelete