Sunday, March 3, 2013

Baby Weekend Part 2

Friday afternoon my mom and I ran around doing errands and such, including a quick visit to my chiropractor as my I was having trouble taking a deep breath due to old car accident injuries that make my ribs go out of alignment (unfortunately, this might be a recurrent problem during my pregnancy as the babies grow larger, but at least I like my prenatal chiropractor).  I felt much better after the chiropractor and after dinner we went to the Mommy Market Consignment Pre-Sale.

We were the 19th and 20th people in line at the sale (we got there a little early to make sure we got to any of the deals first), and I think it was worth the short wait in line to get through the door as we found some steals!  Before most people even walked through the doors we had picked out these two items:

Baby rocker for $35 (it is $75 new)

Baby bouncer for $15!



Mom and I then split up and she picked out boy clothes while I picked out girls clothes.  We found a ton!  I was happily surprised to find numerous twin girl outfits that looked brand new.  We probably went a little crazy and I don't need any more newborn girl outfits or onesies in pretty much any size for the boy or girls, but we had a lot of fun picking stuff out.

Most of the boy clothes
Girl clothes

And now the twin outfits...






Triplet outfits!












After spending time picking out clothes we walked back through the baby gear section of the sale and I was surprised to find two bumbos!  And now I've heard from a friend that she knows of a pink one that's up for grabs, so I'm excited to soon have three!  I know the babies won't be able to use these until they can hold their heads up, but honestly I doubt I'll have time too go to consignment sales once I have three babies to take care of :).


I was also able to find some gently used infant toys at the sale.


On Friday we also stopped by a friend's house and looked through baby girl clothes she didn't need anymore and brought home five bags of clothes, shoes, and other stuff!  Most of these items were bigger sizes so I've ordered bags that will go under the cribs to keep the clothes nice until we can use them.  My mom spent hours doing several loads of baby clothes laundry and this is only the stuff we hung in the closet!  There are a few drawers that I filled with clothes too (I temporarily emptied my dresser since I can't wear the clothes anyway right now).  It really is amazing how much you "need" for three babies.  Okay, I know we could live without all of the adorable outfits, but we have a pile of onesies that will come in really handy and the kids have to wear something!

The office closet that became a baby clothes closet in one day

 On Saturday morning we got up early, which was hard since we stayed up late Friday night shopping and sorting through all of the stuff we bought, but we wanted to go to the REI Scratch 'n Dent sale.  Micah and I have been looking at baby backpack carriers as even though we'll have three babies we still want to be able to enjoy the mountains.  These packs can be really expensive, so we were hoping to find one at the REI sale (again, I know they can't use these until at least 6-8 months, but I doubt we'll be shopping sales like this with babies).  I was so excited when I found the exact pack we picked out at the sale!  The only thing the tag said was "used" and I couldn't find a single thing wrong with it, so I got a great pack for $80 and it is $260 new!

I couldn't get the photo to rotate, but it's an Osprey Poco Plus

The diaper bag situation has been weighing on me as although there are so many cute bags available, I really just need something practical that anyone can carry.  I don't think a shoulder bag is a good idea with triplets as I'm sure I'll need both hands all of the time, and I didn't want to get something pink and flowery that Micah or a relative helping out would feel funny carrying.  So I know it's not super cute, but I this is another good buy from the REI Scratch 'n Dent sale.  Obviously it's just a plain black backpack, but there are so many great pockets which will give me places to store toys, clothes, bottles (I plan to supplement with bottle feeding), wipes, diapers, pacifiers, and whatever else needs to be in the bag.  I like to be organized and I think this bag will help.  Plus there's even a wallet type thing attached in the back and a great place for keys, etc, so nothing should get lost in here.



The best deal of the weekend, though, was probably found today.  My mom and I were trying to figure out the changing table / dresser situation for the nursery.  I've read that you shouldn't buy a dresser from a baby store as the furniture is cheaply made and overpriced.  After looking at Target, JCPenny, and a random furniture store, we decided to stop at Thrift Town on a whim.  Although I did buy a small wood table here a couple of years ago, I didn't think we would have much luck.  They only had about five pieces of furniture in the store, but one of them happened to be this great dresser with the changing table on top!  We were happily surprised and I decided right away to buy it.  I plan on painting it a color to coordinate with the bedding / valance, and I'll change out the nobs for something cuter as well.  It's solid wood and I feel like it was a great deal!


Micah has been gone all weekend ice climbing and even though he knows we were baby shopping all weekend, I think he'll be a bit shocked by the amount of baby stuff that is now in our house :).


3 comments:

  1. What a productive day! Love the cute clothes! So glad u found the baby carrier for such a great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finds!! I'm pretty sure God was holding that baby changing table at Thrift Town just for you. :) You're totally right about the solid wood difference. Way to go! And I agree on the backpack, too--we got a free (one-shoulder) backpack from the hospital when Auggie was born and we used it literally until we left for SA. It's nice to not have something falling off your arms.

    YAY!!! I'm still so excited for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun to be with you in Albuquerque. Can't wait to return in April ... but we're going to put our feet up more and run around less next time! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete