When I decided to quit my job and be a housewife for awhile, I was nervous that I would get bored quickly. I made lists of things that I could do so that I wouldn't be sitting around all day, but what a joke! I have been so busy it's almost crazy.
I keep telling myself it will slow down. That the little things that pop up and take time, like dentist appointments and taking the cars into the shop, will go away eventually and I'll have it all worked out. Now I'm starting to doubt that. I guess it is kind of like when you get a higher paying job and you think, now I'll start saving. But then you somehow just spend it all without really thinking about it. People will always have ways to spend all of their time and money, and we'll always wish we had more of both!
So I'm trying to change my thought process. Instead of thinking about the fact that I am busy all day long, I need to remember that I am now busy with things I am choosing to do, which is a dream! I have been running a little (although I need to ramp it up as I'm still out of shape!), I've been cooking A LOT and learning a ton of new recipes, I have been spending a lot of time reading the Bible and spending time reflecting on it (which is something I always wished I made time for), I have been putting in a lot of hours doing accounting stuff for our church, and I have had time to meet up with friends at random times of the day. I also visited Katie in Seattle for four nights last weekend, and I didn't have to request time off at a job :).
And then, last week my old boss at CCH contacted me and asked if I would do some contract work for them. I've decided I'll do it as long as we can come to an agreement on a few things. It will only be about 40 hours total for now, but I think it would be a great thing to add to my resume as my ultimate career goal is to be a contract accountant so I can choose my own hours and type of work.
So even though I have moments of feeling overwhelmed by my days, I really am thankful for this time off from full-time work (outside the home) and I am so glad that I get to spend my time the way that I choose!
I keep telling myself it will slow down. That the little things that pop up and take time, like dentist appointments and taking the cars into the shop, will go away eventually and I'll have it all worked out. Now I'm starting to doubt that. I guess it is kind of like when you get a higher paying job and you think, now I'll start saving. But then you somehow just spend it all without really thinking about it. People will always have ways to spend all of their time and money, and we'll always wish we had more of both!
So I'm trying to change my thought process. Instead of thinking about the fact that I am busy all day long, I need to remember that I am now busy with things I am choosing to do, which is a dream! I have been running a little (although I need to ramp it up as I'm still out of shape!), I've been cooking A LOT and learning a ton of new recipes, I have been spending a lot of time reading the Bible and spending time reflecting on it (which is something I always wished I made time for), I have been putting in a lot of hours doing accounting stuff for our church, and I have had time to meet up with friends at random times of the day. I also visited Katie in Seattle for four nights last weekend, and I didn't have to request time off at a job :).
And then, last week my old boss at CCH contacted me and asked if I would do some contract work for them. I've decided I'll do it as long as we can come to an agreement on a few things. It will only be about 40 hours total for now, but I think it would be a great thing to add to my resume as my ultimate career goal is to be a contract accountant so I can choose my own hours and type of work.
So even though I have moments of feeling overwhelmed by my days, I really am thankful for this time off from full-time work (outside the home) and I am so glad that I get to spend my time the way that I choose!
No comments:
Post a Comment