Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Patience is a Virtue

I have always been very impatient and I remember my mom telling me "Patience is a virtue" all of the time when I was growing up.  I have always been a little impulsive about things as when I get an idea in my head I want it now.  Today I remembered that I used to think it was just terrible that it took nine whole months before a baby was born.  That always frustrated me as a kid as I thought it would be much more convenient to decide you wanted a kid one day and the next day the baby arrived.  Little did I know that I would have the desire to start a family for years before we even started "trying" and that it wouldn't happen instantaneously for me even when we did decide to go for it.  I think all of this would have been torture for me to think about when I was younger, so maybe it is a good thing that we do not know what our future holds.

These days I am starting to feel a bit impatient about the whole IVF thing.  Of course I have wanted to get pregnant for years so I've been a bit impatient all along, but now that I know it is quite possible that I will find out if I'm pregnant by the end of next month, I am getting even more anxious to get things moving along.  Technically, we have already started the process as I am on birth control pills right now to regulate my cycle and I will begin taking baby aspirin this weekend as that is supposed to help with implantation, but I don't think it will really feel like we are "doing" anything until the injections begin on November 3rd.

In the meantime, I will *try* to work on being patient and trusting that whatever happens is out of our control.  Which brings up another issue... control... ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment