During the winters in ABQ the air is really, really dry and I can't go anywhere without lotion. The skin around my fingertips is always cracked and painful, but this year it seems to have started earlier than usual and I think I know the culprit....dish washing. If there's one thing that annoys me about cooking and baking it is doing the dishes and these days it feels like that is all I'm ever doing! Fortunately, we do have some yummy food in the house to make all of the dishes worth it.
Last week I made yogurt in the crock pot. It was sooooo easy and definitely something I will continue to do! Today I made home made pop tarts, which still aren't all that healthy but at least they are a snack that we can grab on the go. Micah is constantly looking for things to throw in a backpack for climbing or snacks for work, and I think these will be a good option. Plus, the dough for the pop tarts used one cup of the home made yogurt so it was a good way to help use up some of the large batch. I also made whole wheat pita bread today, which will be good plain or with some kind of filling.
Last week I made yogurt in the crock pot. It was sooooo easy and definitely something I will continue to do! Today I made home made pop tarts, which still aren't all that healthy but at least they are a snack that we can grab on the go. Micah is constantly looking for things to throw in a backpack for climbing or snacks for work, and I think these will be a good option. Plus, the dough for the pop tarts used one cup of the home made yogurt so it was a good way to help use up some of the large batch. I also made whole wheat pita bread today, which will be good plain or with some kind of filling.
I used raspberry jam as filling and ended up with eighteen of these guys.
I just made a half batch of pita bread today, but now that I know it works I'll be doing this again.
It has been really fun to learn new recipes and healthier snack options. Next up...fruit leather! I just need to find a day where I am home for 8 hours straight as it needs to be in the oven for that long....
No comments:
Post a Comment